Thursday, May 13, 2004

Karipap oh karipap...

yesterday when i went back from work, my beloved brother and sister were making karipaps..and the whole task from making the filing and dough was hilarious.My parents weren't at home as they were in Kl visiting my aunty in the hospital and as usual if my brother is at home he will definately create something or suggest something to cook and as always cha will agree to everything he says...anyway back to the karipap story...the filing was superb (seriously)but the dough ???!@$#!# well we put the flour+salt+water (that's the original recipe) +EGG and eventually the egg makes the dough very soft and it is hard to mould it...so we used nearly 1 packet of flour to make it hard heheheh...(btw the egg was my idea:)) and believe me or not they will keep on reminding me that the egg was my idea for the rest of my life...it took us about 3 1/2 hours to finally complete the whole thing...
Then came the testing part...jeng..jeng..the filing was very yummy but then the "kulit" of the karipap was...MasyaAllah keras giler!!! tak der la keras sangat till tak leh nak makan but kalau compare ngan karipap org lain mmg ours waz the keras one aaa...my cousin was also there and she keep on comparing the karipap that we made with her mak tuk's...then again abang said cannot aa compare a spm level cook with a phd level cook...heheh what an xperience...overall i still think it was okay for novice cook like us but i wont try to make another karipap...not in 5 years time..ha..ha..ha the whole task was very tiring...

like i said before to cha and abang, beli jer la kalau nak makan sangat!!!